This Winter we have expanded our Ski Touring and Mountaineering range with the addition of Chamonix based Blue Ice. We are stocking a range of their lightweight ice axes, their innovative fold-able Harfang Crampons, and our favorite here at facewest; the Firecrest pack.
Blue Ice Harfang Crampon
Super compact and lightweight ski touring and mountaineering crampon with flexible tape bar. 377g
Blue Ice Akila Ice Axe
Superlight technical mountaineering axes. 330g
The Blue Ice FireCrest
The Blue Ice Firecrest is our new favourite pack. This really is the one pack to rule them all. It has strip-able ski features including a hook carry system that allows you to stash your skis on the pack without taking the pack off, massively reducing transition faff.
Blue Ice Firecrest 38
- High Tenacity 210d Nylon 6.6, PFC free
- Hybrid carry system, with 2 chest pockets
- Zipped lid pocket
- Under lid internal pocket
- Full length side access zip
- Stashable waist belt and Hip pad
- Easy access stretch side pocket
- Dual icetool carry
- Quick ski carry system with stainless steel hook
- Removable avalanche tools pouch
The ski features are all removable so in summer it becomes an excellent climbing and mountaineering pack with some nice features that improve usability without getting in the way.
The shoulder strap pockets for a soft flask and phone are great for fast moving and ‘gram-able missions, but if you aren’t a soft flask fan then you can get a water bottle in the side mesh pocket that’s used for skins in winter.
The padded hip belt can be folded up inside the back system so it doesn’t get in the way of your climbing harness.
If you consider yourself an all round, all year mountaineer and skier then the Firecrest is that one pack that you will love using all year round, and we are giving you the chance to win one!
How To Win
To be in with a chance of winning a Blue Ice Firecrest 38 all you have to do is answer one question. One randomly selected correct answer will win a pack.
Q. How many chest pockets does the Firecrest 38 have?
This competition is now Closed. Congratulations to our winner Samantha
- The competition will close 2:00pm 3rd November 2022
- One winner will be chosen from correct entries
- A valid email address is required to enter.
- Only one entry per person will be counted.
- The winner will be notified by email.
- The prize can only be posted to a UK address.
- Your email address will be stored for administration of this competition only. It will not be added to our marketing mailing list unless you opt-in.